Sunday, November 18, 2007

Can Ireland Protect The Red Squirrels


A 2 week old squirrel, sleeping peacefully.
The environment minister of Ireland has plans to portect the red squirrel from its British grey cousin, according to Dublin (AFP) today.

What wonderful news!

Plans are afoot for a large proportion of them to be taken to a safe haven, away from the more aggressive grey squirrel.

The red squirrel is so beautiful and I am sure that there are many like me who also think the same.

I am just so happy about this news and it is incredibly strange because many years ago I knitted and sold several sweaters with red squirrels on. Now I am going to bring them back. If anyone reading this is interested, please let me know so that I can find out if there will be a market for them in Ireland, at the very least.

While I was in America and Canada, I was absolutely fascinated by the black squirrels which I saw there but I have never seen a red squirrel and apparently there are over 40,000 in Ireland.



Ireland - Callan - Fashion

No comments: