Monday, June 25, 2007

Celtic Designs - The Book of Kells

The Book of Kells is a famous hand painted illustrated manuscript of the Gospels. It was prepared by monks around 800 AD on the Isle of Iona and then taken to Kells in County Meath by the monks who were fleeing from the Vikings.

Today it has pride of place in the old library of Trinity College Dublin where each day one page is turned for the public to enjoy. The Book of Kells attracts tourists from all over the world.

My designs were inspired by The Book of Kells and just recently I have an inclination to return to these designs again.

If you have read some of my previous blogs, you will know that I am a great believer in ...

If You Think It, You Can Do It!

Sometimes people get into a rut and make excuses for not doing what they are capable of doing. They make the excuse of - 'They can't afford it, they can't get childminders, they would not know where to start, etc. etc." The list could go on indefinitely and then they reach the ripe old of forty plus, not having lived any of their dreams, just excuses!

All you really have to do, is picture yourself achieving your dreams and putting some action into actually doing something towards them! It's that simple. For many people , they need a little help and direction. If that is the case with you, then have a look at this site to see if it is what you have been looking for to live your own dreams.
Not only have I read it but I also had the tape for many years.
One particular sentence I love is ..."I Will Not Be Denied"

Ireland - AnneMarie Callan

No comments: